We’re back with another playlist! To listen to these tracks, as well as our previous playlists check us out on Spotifiy!
“Fool to Cry”//The Rolling Stones.
- The Tegan and Sara cover of this song played at the end of HBO’s Girls a few weeks ago, and I’ve had the original on repeat ever since. Also, Mick Jagger was still hot in ’76.
“Teenage Kicks”//The Undertones
- “Teenage Kicks” was the debut single for the Northern-Irish rockers back in the summer of ’77 and the song that put them in the musical history books. It has clearly stood the test of time, as it’s been covered by the likes of Green Day, Snow Patrol, and One Direction. Be prepared to sing-a-long.
“Oh Yeah!”//Housse De Racket
- Housse De Racket is a duo from France, that’s pretty much all I can tell you about them since all of their biographical stats are in French. Despite this glaring language barrier, their song “Oh Yeah!” makes me want to dance whenever I hear it.
- Three sisters from LA with really luscious hair (There’s some serious hair envy going on there.), they expertly blend indie-pop and 90′s R&B. “Falling” is their newest release and it’s a pretty good example of their sound. You should definitely be on the lookout for these girls throughout 2013.
- “Retrograde” is equal parts Bon Iver and Frank Ocean and completely awesome.
“Silver Lining”//Rilo Kiley
- This was the first Rilo Kiley album I really got into, and while this song is probably the most widely played, I feel like it is also one of the best stand-alone songs on the album, it’s a song I come back to again and again. Under the Blacklight, to me, is meant to be listened to in its entirety to get the real picture of the different people and places in LA, so taking individual songs from it would be strange.
“My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark”//Fall Out Boy
- Fall Out Boy is back! Any song with Patrick Stump and fire is a-okay in my book.
- The Feeling are one of those bands where I can’t remember where I first heard them, but became weirdly obsessed with the album, and only the one album. This song was a staple on my radio shows my freshman year, and other people became fans of it to from listening. I felt validated.
“One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)”//One Direction
- One Direction strikes again! This is the 2013 Comic Relief charity single, so the proceeds from the sale go to help kids in Africa and the UK. The video is terribly adorable because 1D shot it themselves. Even if you don’t like them, give it a chance because they are precious.
“Down to Love”//Hot Toddy
- My roommate showed me this song last week, and it’s been on repeat ever since.
“Float On”//Modest Mouse
- My band, Donnie Dies, covered this song at a show last weekend and it reminded me how awesome this song is.
“Sultans of Swing”//Dire Straits
- Just an awesome song, plain and simple.
“Next to You”//Poolside
- I just recently discovered Poolside and cannot get enough.
“All the King’s Men”//Wild Beasts
“Still Life”//The Horrors